Vimana – (Ancient aircraft)
This project is a 3d representation of vimanas, created by Guru Prasad Narayanan,...Read More...
Post – Senior Lecturer, Chair/Academic Committee/Sri Lanka Council of Archaeologists
Treasurer/Sri Lanka Council of Archaeologists
University of Kelaniya
• B.A. (special) in Archaeology,University of Kelaneya,1991
• M.Phil in Archaeology, Postgraduate Institute of Archaeology, University of
• Ph.D.in Anthropology, University of Florida, USA 2010
• Settlement Archaeology
• Experimental Archaeology
• Field Archaeology
• Settlement Pattern Study in the Upper Ma Oya Basin
• Experimental Archaeology: understanding iron smelting technology in the KiriOya Basin
• Settlement & Social Hierarchy in the KiriOya Basin
Post Senior Lecturer – Grade I
Department – Department of Sanskrit Studies
University Address – Department of Sanskrit Studies, University of Kelaniya, Kelaniya, Sri Lanka.
• Ph.D. “Comparative Study Schools of Yoga in Buddhism, Hinduism and Jainism” in
1997 BHU in India.
• Diploma in Yoga, 1997, BHU in India.
• Advance Diploma in Hindi, 1996 BHU in India.
• PG Diploma in Agama Tantra, 1995 BHU in India.
• Certificate Course in Yoga, 1995, BHU in India.
• MA., (1st Class) in 1993 BHU in India
• Diploma in Hindi, 1993 BHU India.
• B.A. (Hons) in Sanskrit in 1991, University of Kelaniya, (2nd upper Class)
• Basic Computer Operations Course, 2001 IIM, University of Colombo.
• Senior Lecturer Grade II, Institute of Indigenous Medicine, University of Colombo
from 2003 up to now.
• Working as a Visiting Lecturer Department of Sanskrit,University of Kelaniya from
1997 up to now.
• Working as a Lecturer Proficiency in Sinhala for Unani students 2003, 2004,2013 IIM,
University of Colombo
• Lecturer, Institute of Indigenous Medicine, University of Colombo From 2001 to 2003.
• Working as a Visiting Lecturer Department of language, University of
Buddhasrawaka, 2000 -2001 .
• Working as an Instructor in Yoga, Department of Practical Buddhist studies University
of Buddhasrawaka, 2000-2001
• Probationary Lecturer, Institute of Indigenous Medicine, University of Colombo from
1998 to 2001.
• Working as a Visiting Lecturer Department of Sanskrit, University of Pali & Buddhist
From 1998 – 1999
• Working as a supervisor in the field of Ph.D (Two Scholars)
• Working as an external examiner for Mphil (Three Scholars)
Scholarships, Medals, Prizes and Ect
In 1991, Post Graduate Scholarship that was awarded by ICCR for MA in India.
• “Sanskruta Prevesha Gadya Padyaawalee (I-II)”, in 2008, Praachee Educational Cntre in
• “Gurumaargopadesha Samgrahaya for Grade 12” in sanskrit in 2010, Department of
• “Gurumaargopadesha Samgrahaya for Grade 13” in sanskrit in 2010, Department of
• “Wimarshaa Shashtreeya Samgrahaya Volume -I”, Department Of Basic Principles in
• “Saskrutayen rachanaawak liyamuda? Let us Write an essay in Sanskrit”, in Sanjeewa
printers in 2003.
• “Bhelasamhita (vyaakyaasahita)”, Samyawardhana Publishers in Maradana in 2013.
• “Bhraahmadharma hevath Anushaasanaa Samgrahaya (ed.)”;, S. Godage Publicers in
Maradana in 2011.
•”Sandhi Granthaya, (ed.)” Alumni Society of Vidyodaya Pirivena in 2012.
• An Abstract Paper presented on “Vehesatapath Veda Sisu Manasa Samsun karana
Sanskruta Bhaashaaprayoga”in Sinhala in 1st Sanskrit Symposium organized by the
Department of Sanskrit in 2011.
• “Nirogee bava rekagenimarta Yoga “, Sādanā Journal in 1999.
• “Samskruta Saahityaye Praacheena Ayurveda samhitaa haa katuvaru”, Sādanā Journal
• “Yogadarshanaye Aitihasika vikashaya haa Yoga Sadhanaa”, journal of Faculty of
Humanities, Volume – vi, in 2006.
•”Sanskruta Naatyaye Prabhavaya”, journal of Faculty of Humanities, Volume – viii, in
• “Namapada Vigrahaya”, Neöesa Annual Journal, Asgiriya Maha Pirivena in 2011.
• “Takman-Jvara- Una (Una Roagaya Pilinbanda Vimarshanayak)”, Sudasuna abhistava
shāshtriya sangrahaya in 2011.
•”Kumarasambhavayen niruupita maanuShiiya Saaradharma”, Bhsh prabh, volume-iv,
Department of Sanskrit, Sri Lanka Buddhist and Pali University, in 2011.
• “Yoga Darshanaye igenvena Pancavidha kleshayan praheena karana kriyaayoga”,
Sammananee Journal in 2009.
• “Sri harsha haa ohuge Naatyakruthi” ,Vidylankra Annual Journal, in 2008.
• “Atharvan Vedayen niruupita Podujana vyavasaaya”, Alocana Felicitation Volume in
• “Shareera samrakshanaya haa paramaayusha Vindanaya”, Mudit, Deshabandu
Sirisumana Godage Felicitation journal in 2011
• “Pranna aparaadha”, Hiripitiye paññkirti, Felicitation journal in 2011.
•”Samkruta Sahityaye Shataka kavya nirmanaya”, Vidyodaya Annual in 2008.
• “Dhaarshanika padanamakin Lokotpattiya vivaranaya karana Naashadeeya
Sutraya”,Vidyodaya Annual in 2012.
• “Mrucchakatika Natyaye Niruupita Shakaara Caritaya”, Vidyodaya Annual in 2013.
• “Introduction for Dauldena Nenissara grantha ratnaavaliya”, in Lek house Pubication in
• “Pratya shatakaya (Trans.)”, Vimarshaa Sastriya Samgrahaya Volume – I, in 2009.
• “Kama Kala shaashtraya”, Carana Annual Journal, University of jayawardhanapura, in
• “Nagananda Natakaya”, Nandana Shaastriiya Journal, Nandana Prakaashana in 2005.
• “Samadhi Badhaka Dharma”, Asirirmathsita, S. Godage Publishers in Maradaana in
• “Sanskruta Gadyaye Kaadamabaree”, Abhisarana Felicitation Volume in 2006.
• “Aurveda Samhitaa Granthayanhi Sudu luunu”, Sambhaavanaa Felicitation Volume in
Senior Lecturer: University of Jaffna,
Department – Department of Sociology
University Address –Sir. Pon Ramanathan Road, Thirunelvelly,, Jaffna 40000
Visitinng Resource Person
Working Paper Published
War and Recovery: Psychosocial Challenges in Northern Sri Lanka. Book Published in 2017 by International Centre for Ethnic Studies (ICES) and PDF version is available on website
Chief Editor of Social Work Glossary published by the National Institute of Social Development (Ministry of Social Empowerment, Welfare & Kandyan Heritage) 2016
Book Chapter Published
Jeevasuthan, S., & Hatta, Z.A. (2013). Introduction and Implementation of Innovative Ideas and its Impact on Sri Lanka’s Social Work Education. Asia Pacific Association of Social Work Education (APASWE Book Series- 03). Published in Australia in November 2014
Research Chapter Published
Professional and Functional Alternative Social Workers in Malaysia: A Comparative Study. Joint International Project of Japan College of Social Work and APSWE. Available on id.nii.ac.jp 1137 00000205
Articles Published in English
Articles Published in Tamil in refreed Journals
Non Refreed Journal
News Paper Article
Collective social responsibility in “Protecting Jaffna’s Heritage Properties”- An article was written in Tamil in Thinakural Weekly- April 2016
15 abstracts presented locally and internationally (Thailand, Indonesia, Phillipines, Japan, Malaysia & Sri Lanka)
The Role of Social Work in Promoting psychosocial well-being of the people in Northern Province, Sri Lanka (2017)
Chair Person Address
Chair Person address delivered on “ The need for Youth Policy Formation for the Northern Province” in the Silver Jubilee Conference of the Jaffna Science Association on 10, May-2018
Other Academic Contributions as a Public Interlectual
University of Jaffna
University of Peredeniya,
Former Chancellor of Eastern University of Sri Lanka
The unresolved circumstances of Amelia Earhart’s disappearance, along with her fame, attracted a great body of other claims...Read More...