ආචාර්ය රෝස් සෝලංගආරච්චි
තනතුර: ජ්යෙෂ්ඨ කථිකාචාර්ය
සභාපතිනී – අධ්යන කමිටුව, ශ්රී ලංකා පුරා විද්යාඥ කවුන්සිලය
භාණ්ඩාගාරික – ශ්රී ලංකා පුරා විද්යාඥ කවුන්සිලය, කැලණිය විශ්වවිද්යාලය.
• B.A. (special) in Archaeology,University of Kelaneya,1991
• M.Phil in Archaeology, Postgraduate Institute of Archaeology, University of
• Ph.D.in Anthropology, University of Florida, USA 2010
• Settlement Archaeology
• Experimental Archaeology
• Field Archaeology
• Settlement Pattern Study in the Upper Ma Oya Basin
• Experimental Archaeology: understanding iron smelting technology in the KiriOya Basin
• Settlement & Social Hierarchy in the KiriOya Basin
ආචාර්ය කේ.බී. ජයවර්ධන
තනතුර : ජ්යෙෂ්ඨ කථිකාචාර්ය – පළමු ශ්රේණිය
• Ph.D. “Comparative Study Schools of Yoga in Buddhism, Hinduism and Jainism” in
1997 BHU in India.
• Diploma in Yoga, 1997, BHU in India.
• Advance Diploma in Hindi, 1996 BHU in India.
• PG Diploma in Agama Tantra, 1995 BHU in India.
• Certificate Course in Yoga, 1995, BHU in India.
• MA., (1st Class) in 1993 BHU in India
• Diploma in Hindi, 1993 BHU India.
• B.A. (Hons) in Sanskrit in 1991, University of Kelaniya, (2nd upper Class)
• Basic Computer Operations Course, 2001 IIM, University of Colombo.
• Senior Lecturer Grade II, Institute of Indigenous Medicine, University of Colombo
from 2003 up to now.
• Working as a Visiting Lecturer Department of Sanskrit,University of Kelaniya from
1997 up to now.
• Working as a Lecturer Proficiency in Sinhala for Unani students 2003, 2004,2013 IIM,
University of Colombo
• Lecturer, Institute of Indigenous Medicine, University of Colombo From 2001 to 2003.
• Working as a Visiting Lecturer Department of language, University of
Buddhasrawaka, 2000 -2001 .
• Working as an Instructor in Yoga, Department of Practical Buddhist studies University
of Buddhasrawaka, 2000-2001
• Probationary Lecturer, Institute of Indigenous Medicine, University of Colombo from
1998 to 2001.
• Working as a Visiting Lecturer Department of Sanskrit, University of Pali & Buddhist
From 1998 – 1999
• Working as a supervisor in the field of Ph.D (Two Scholars)
• Working as an external examiner for Mphil (Three Scholars)
Scholarships, Medals, Prizes and Ect
In 1991, Post Graduate Scholarship that was awarded by ICCR for MA in India.
Researches and Publications
• “Sanskruta Prevesha Gadya Padyaawalee (I-II)”, in 2008, Praachee Educational Cntre in
• “Gurumaargopadesha Samgrahaya for Grade 12” in sanskrit in 2010, Department of
• “Gurumaargopadesha Samgrahaya for Grade 13” in sanskrit in 2010, Department of
• “Wimarshaa Shashtreeya Samgrahaya Volume -I”, Department Of Basic Principles in
• “Saskrutayen rachanaawak liyamuda? Let us Write an essay in Sanskrit”, in Sanjeewa
printers in 2003.
• “Bhelasamhita (vyaakyaasahita)”, Samyawardhana Publishers in Maradana in 2013.
• “Bhraahmadharma hevath Anushaasanaa Samgrahaya (ed.)”;, S. Godage Publicers in
Maradana in 2011.
•”Sandhi Granthaya, (ed.)” Alumni Society of Vidyodaya Pirivena in 2012.
• An Abstract Paper presented on “Vehesatapath Veda Sisu Manasa Samsun karana
Sanskruta Bhaashaaprayoga”in Sinhala in 1st Sanskrit Symposium organized by the
Department of Sanskrit in 2011.
• “Nirogee bava rekagenimarta Yoga “, Sādanā Journal in 1999.
• “Samskruta Saahityaye Praacheena Ayurveda samhitaa haa katuvaru”, Sādanā Journal
• “Yogadarshanaye Aitihasika vikashaya haa Yoga Sadhanaa”, journal of Faculty of
Humanities, Volume – vi, in 2006.
•”Sanskruta Naatyaye Prabhavaya”, journal of Faculty of Humanities, Volume – viii, in
• “Namapada Vigrahaya”, Neöesa Annual Journal, Asgiriya Maha Pirivena in 2011.
• “Takman-Jvara- Una (Una Roagaya Pilinbanda Vimarshanayak)”, Sudasuna abhistava
shāshtriya sangrahaya in 2011.
•”Kumarasambhavayen niruupita maanuShiiya Saaradharma”, Bhsh prabh, volume-iv,
Department of Sanskrit, Sri Lanka Buddhist and Pali University, in 2011.
• “Yoga Darshanaye igenvena Pancavidha kleshayan praheena karana kriyaayoga”,
Sammananee Journal in 2009.
• “Sri harsha haa ohuge Naatyakruthi” ,Vidylankra Annual Journal, in 2008.
• “Atharvan Vedayen niruupita Podujana vyavasaaya”, Alocana Felicitation Volume in
• “Shareera samrakshanaya haa paramaayusha Vindanaya”, Mudit, Deshabandu
Sirisumana Godage Felicitation journal in 2011
• “Pranna aparaadha”, Hiripitiye paññkirti, Felicitation journal in 2011.
•”Samkruta Sahityaye Shataka kavya nirmanaya”, Vidyodaya Annual in 2008.
• “Dhaarshanika padanamakin Lokotpattiya vivaranaya karana Naashadeeya
Sutraya”,Vidyodaya Annual in 2012.
• “Mrucchakatika Natyaye Niruupita Shakaara Caritaya”, Vidyodaya Annual in 2013.
• “Introduction for Dauldena Nenissara grantha ratnaavaliya”, in Lek house Pubication in
• “Pratya shatakaya (Trans.)”, Vimarshaa Sastriya Samgrahaya Volume – I, in 2009.
• “Kama Kala shaashtraya”, Carana Annual Journal, University of jayawardhanapura, in
• “Nagananda Natakaya”, Nandana Shaastriiya Journal, Nandana Prakaashana in 2005.
• “Samadhi Badhaka Dharma”, Asirirmathsita, S. Godage Publishers in Maradaana in
• “Sanskruta Gadyaye Kaadamabaree”, Abhisarana Felicitation Volume in 2006.
• “Aurveda Samhitaa Granthayanhi Sudu luunu”, Sambhaavanaa Felicitation Volume in
Co- Supervisor -02
Dr. Jeevasuthan Subramaniam
Senior Lecturer: University of Jaffna,
Department – Department of Sociology
University Address –Sir. Pon Ramanathan Road, Thirunelvelly,, Jaffna 40000
Visitinng Resource Person
- University of Ruhuna, Sri Lanka (Master in Peace and Development Studies, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences) since 2016
- Open University of Sri Lanka- Jaffna Centre
- University of Sri Jayawardenapura, Sri Lanka- Department of Sociology, Faculty of Social Sciences – 2017
- National Institute of Social Development (Ministry of SocialEmpowerment, Welfare & Kandyan Heritage)
Working Paper Published
War and Recovery: Psychosocial Challenges in Northern Sri Lanka. Book Published in 2017 by International Centre for Ethnic Studies (ICES) and PDF version is available on website
Chief Editor of Social Work Glossary published by the National Institute of Social Development (Ministry of Social Empowerment, Welfare & Kandyan Heritage) 2016
Book Chapter Published
Jeevasuthan, S., & Hatta, Z.A. (2013). Introduction and Implementation of Innovative Ideas and its Impact on Sri Lanka’s Social Work Education. Asia Pacific Association of Social Work Education (APASWE Book Series- 03). Published in Australia in November 2014
Research Chapter Published
Professional and Functional Alternative Social Workers in Malaysia: A Comparative Study. Joint International Project of Japan College of Social Work and APSWE. Available on id.nii.ac.jp 1137 00000205
Articles Published in English
- Sanjanee & Jeevasuthan,S. (2016). Challenges Faced by Relocated Families; A Case Study on “Mihindu Senpura” Housing Complex. A full papaer published in the preceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Contemporary Management (ICCM-2016) organized by Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce, University of Jaffna in July, 2016
- Hatta, Z. A., Ali, A., Jeevasuthan Subramaniam & Rauff, S.A. (2014). Professional and Functional Alternative Social Workers: A Case Study of Malaysia. Asian Social Work and Policy Review, 8 (1) 1-18. doi: 10.1111/aswp.12031
- Jeevasuthan, S., Nur Mohammad Majumder, Zulkarnain, Z.A., & Abul, F. Z. (2014). Implications of Enforced Disappearances on Women-headed Families in the Northern Province, Sri Lanka. International Journal Social Sciences and Humanities, 4(4) 236-243. Available on http://www.ijhssnet.com/journals/Vol_4_No_4_Special_Issue_February_2014/27.pdf
- Jeevasuthan, S., & Hatta, Z.A. (2013). The Behavioral Problems of Children Exposed to Domestic Violence in Sri Lankan Rural Villages. Elsevier, Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, 91 (2013) 201 – 207. doi: 10.1016/j.sbspro.2013.08.418
- Jeevasuthan, S., & Hatta, Z.A. (2013). The Effectiveness of Emergency Preparedness and Response in Jaffna District, Sri Lanka. Social Dialogue, 6. Available on http://www.social-dialogue.com/SDpdf/SD6-WEB.pdf
Articles Published in Tamil in refreed Journals
- Discourses on Human Rights and its Practicality at Community Levels: A Case Study based on Kilinochchi and Jaffna Districts. Published in Cintanai., The Journal of the Faculty of Arts, University of Jaffna, Vol (XVI) 2- July, 2017
- The Potential Role of Community Organization in Community Development in Sri Lankan Post-War Context. Accepted for publication by Sri Lanka Journal of Social Work -2017.
- Challenges faced by children abondononed by mothers: A Sociological Study based on Jaffna jha; Thamizar Panpaddu Aaivukal: A Research Proceedings in 2017
Non Refreed Journal
- Couselling Education and its Challenges: Published by the Regional Office- Kilinochchi, National Institute of Social Development, 2018.
- Divorce: An Unspoken but a Popularly Spoken Published in”NAAN” Tamil Psychological Magazine-July 2017 which is released by “De Mazenod Scholasticate” from “Colombuthurai – Jaffna – Sri Lanka” Every four month from 70’s
News Paper Article
Collective social responsibility in “Protecting Jaffna’s Heritage Properties”- An article was written in Tamil in Thinakural Weekly- April 2016
15 abstracts presented locally and internationally (Thailand, Indonesia, Phillipines, Japan, Malaysia & Sri Lanka)
The Role of Social Work in Promoting psychosocial well-being of the people in Northern Province, Sri Lanka (2017)
Chair Person Address
Chair Person address delivered on “ The need for Youth Policy Formation for the Northern Province” in the Silver Jubilee Conference of the Jaffna Science Association on 10, May-2018
- Several Articles translated for “Panuval” a Joint Academic Excercise carried out by University of Jaffna and University of Colombo
- Translated Articles for Centre for Policy Alternatives (CPA) on Various Issues
Other Academic Contributions as a Public Interlectual
- Research Consultant for International Center for Ethnic Studies
- Participating in TV programmes and Press conferences on public issues
- Writing in local news papaers on various issues
- Insisting on the importance of collective social responsiblity in Protecting Jaffna’s Heritage Properties- An artcle was written in Tamil in Thinakural Weekly- April 2016
- One month training in qualitative methodology received in 2005 from Professor WietseA. Tol, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, United States
- Participated at a work shop conducted by European Inter-University Centre for Human Rights and Democratization (Venice Academy of Human Rights, Italy) on Human Rights and Cosmopolitan Idea (l) in July 2011
- Participated in a Study Tour on Welfare Systems in Japan- Tokyo in November 2008
- English: Fluent in writing, comprehension, speaking & reading
- Tamil: Fluent in writing, comprehension, speaking & reading
- Sinhala: Moderate in writing & reading, fluent in comprehension & speaking
University of Jaffna
- Tudor Silva,
University of Peredeniya,
- Yoga Rasanayagam,
Former Chancellor of Eastern University of Sri Lanka